Kendo UI support

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I haven't tried Kendo UI yet, so I don't know if this is applicable.  Telerik is moving from MVC Extensions to Kendo UI, and I was wondering if TGH can be used to support Kendo's grid as well.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I also have not had contact with KendoUI, but I wonder if TGH might work or at least with a few changes, I'll try to do some tests in the coming days.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I'm probably not going to be using Telerik MVC much longer because Telerik has essentially deprecated the whole thing. I'm not a fan of Kendo yet because it seems to be a step backwards toward magic strings instead of type-safe code.  I'd much prefer to continue using Telerik MVC but the decision is out of my hands.

Nov 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Isn't there a paid option with Kendo UI where you can configure the UI fluently just like with MVC extensions?

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Hum, so may I conclude that you are looking for a solution outside the Telerik's universe?

If so, keep this thread updated with the decision you make, the code for this project could be ported to any binding mechanism. Indeed, after the decision of Telerik and the fact that KendoUI wrappers are not for free to redistribute, I'm also looking for alternatives.